Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Flowers, flowers and more flowers!

I'm so excited. I bought my hair flower yesterday from Etsy. It's super cute and after looking at them and looking at reviews and debating between two, I picked one and bought it! If it ends up matching my dress, i'll buy a second one. To the right is a picture of the hair flower :) The one's at DB are $50 + and this was only $25 (with S & H).

I tried my hand at making my own flowers, and while they didnt turn out bad at all, I wanted to make sure that the flower I was wearing in my hair was really nice, since I'm not going to be wearing a veil of any sort. I'm going to keep practicing on making hair flowers and if they look good enough, have all the girls in my wedding wear one in their respective color in their hair. Here are the one's I made yesterday. I mean, it's not horrible, and I made it a little nicer after I took the picture....i just dont think it's good enough for my wedding :) that's ok. Ill keep practicing!

So, an old friend of mine recommended a website for buying silk flowers and DIY stuff called www.afloral.com. I found the most perfect bouquet that I want for me....but I didnt see how you could buy it. I sent them an email and they said it would be available for purchase after February. I am so going to buy it!!!
If you click HERE, you can see it. It's the purple pre-made bouquet at the top of the page. Isn't that pretty? It will be so much cheaper than real flowers, plus, I can keep it forever as a keepsake and it's not harming the environment :) I will still plan to make the bridesmaid bouquets and the boutineers (If i can). I dont know if I am talented enough to make corsages for the mom's, so we may have to have them made/buy fresh. I am also going to make the centerpieces by hand too. it will be simple, yet rustic and elegant. I'd love to be able to use fresh wild-flowers to keep with the natural rustic theme, but I dont think you're allowed to randomly pick wild-flowers....so, i'll probably just do silk-flowers too. I love being crafty! Having to do this wedding on a budget is fun because I get to be creative and crafty and sweat equity always feels good when things come together. Eeeyyyy I am SO excited!!!

Another thing wedding. I got some online quotes for chair covers and sashes and it looks like the prices range (with shipping) from 200-300.00. That's not bad. I'll just have to recruit some help setting them up, since the company wont be there to do it. I'm going to look at getting a quote from the party rental store in the area and see what they quote me and if they will do set up/take down. It might be worth some more money to not have to worry about that. There are some things on your wedding day you dont want to have to be worrying about! The hotel also sent me a list of vendors, so I can call around and get quotes specific to that area and know what I am working with.

Eric's parents said that they will help us with last minute emergencies that come up. As type A as I am and as anal as I am about being organized, I dont know that we will really have any last minute emergency expenditures (at least I hope not!!).  It's still a very nice and thoughtful gesture from them and we will take ANY help we can get!!! LOL.

Well, I aught to get back to doing something school related. Thanks for reading and thanks for all the suggestions I keep getting. They are deff. helpful and appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment