Friday, January 28, 2011

Passionately Purple

I'm so happy with life. I feel like God has brought me to where I am today and that nothing can stand in my way! Things have a way of working out and I feel like i'm going to be alright :)

So, on another note, I found a really cool and unconventional corsage idea that I LOVE! It's hip and fun. Take a look at the picture to the right. Cute, right?!?
I saw that I just loved it! I may even be able to pull that one off as a DIY project! haha. Everything I see I want to do it myself. LOL. I guess that's just my style.

I'm going to Hobby Lobby today to return some things and I am going to take another look at their silk wildflowers and the pricing. At the price of real flowers, I'd be pleased if I could do all my bridal party flowers for $200 or less. If I can pull off the centerpiece flowers at $200 or less, I will also be pleased. I know that's cheap, but we're on a budget and I just dont really care enough about flowers to spend 1k on then. I just think that's a stupid way to spend money. I'd rather have it for new furniture or for our honeymoon. call me crazy, but a night of fresh flowers, or a week on the beach? hmmmm i can tell you which one appeals to me more!

I found some other cute options for wildflower bouquets. Take a look.


 I love this one b/c of all the purples, which would fit right in with my colors and feel of the wedding. Its really put together nicely and looks elegant enough for a wedding....but maybe too put together for a DIY'er....



I like this one because it has that feeling that it was pulled right from a field and strung together with some burlap and feels care-free and simple. That Rustic elegance really shines through to me.









I can always buy many silk flowers and just try putting them together at home and seeing what I come up with. Worst case scenario, since I like the idea of wildflower centerpieces, I could always just use them in my centerpieces. What the hell. Might as well give it a try. You never know what you can and can't do unless you try :) I love being passionate about things! It makes life so unpredictable and fun!

Thanks for reading and if you have any ideas, you know i'm open to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment