Wednesday, June 29, 2011

...and so it happened...

Two job offers, one choice. Who would have thought this would happen? In this economy? I did not see this happening, nor did I want it to happen. Its the worst and best feeling in the world. To have an offer for what you truly want, but to have to unaccept a position that you were really thankful to have. At the end of the day though, I had to do what was best for my career path and what I knew was best for me. I can only try to be as professional as possible, even if that means upsetting some people.  So, you have it, I got the job offer that I really, really wanted! I accepted it yesterday and it was a great feeling. It is exactly where I wanted to be. I couldnt have asked for a better first job. I now have to wait on HR to say that they have done my background check and make me the "official HR offer" for the job! I am anxious to know how much the pay will be too! I will take basically whatever, but knowing what the other job offer was, I am hoping this is a tad bit more! I am anxious to start working as an RN now!!! Not a student. Not an extern, but an RN!!

I also don't know if I'll be nights or days, but I think I'll be days based on what the manager and I discussed....which is super cool. Its busier, more action, more to learn and I dont have to give up sleep for it! Its tough to do nights b/c I take eye drops at nights for my glaucoma and I HATE to mess around with my eyes and not being able to tak the drops on the nights I work. I only get this set of eyes. I don't want to sacrifice my vision :( 

So, I am working on the terrible task of trying to get the other manager on the line to tell her the bad news. I have been dreading the call, and after playing phone tag yesterday, I left her a final message that said I would just keep trying her today. I notified their HR, so she is next up....I just hope that she understands b/c I am sure to see her around while working and I do not want any hard feelings between us. I don't want any burnt bridges either. I'm just doing what anyone else would do in my situation.

So, on to other things.....I got some cute sun dresses for the cruise the other day....and matching sandals :) I know that they wont be out in stores much longer and they wont really be out by the time to cruise comes along, so I knew I needed to buy them now to have!! I am so excited.  10 months and 12 days until our cruise departs!!!! I know that sounds so far away, but it's so close to me!!! I think we may have changed the ceremony location to this little cove, which has an interesting backdrop. look below:


The lighting int he picture isnt great b/c it was a hazy day, but the setting would certainly be unique. we havent made up our minds for sure, but Eric likes it and so does my mom. Its not quite what I envisioned for the wedding, but its different, and I wanted something unique...so I think I'm ok with it. The picture below is what I originally envisioned:

But then again, mom brought up a good point that the ocean is pretty, but its not super unique...it's just the ocean, whereas in the cove pic, there is water and rocks. and it's really private.  so, if anyone is reading this, what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I think the Cove Idea is the better of the two for the same reasons your Mom stated. Congrats on the job -- it sounds like you're handling it very professionally and I don't think anyone could expect more of you than that. You're right -- you have to look out for what's right for you and your career. I'm so happy for you, Colleen :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright... here's the science with the picture piece. When the background behind the subject is brighter than the subject (and the sky always will be!) it makes the subject look darker and thus the lighting on their faces can be less than flattering. So when I look at this picture that has a beautiful cove of big rocks behind you guys, I'm literally thrilled- because this immediately solves one of the main lighting issues with beach weddings. So, my pick is definitely the cove!!! I'm sure you could still do the simple arch with the flowing white fabric, I liked the look of that too! I will all be perfect! I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we will choose the cove and do the arch with the flowey fabric. It's unique and thats what we were hoping for. Plus, it will be more intimate and quiet :) Thanks for the input!

    ReplyDelete