Saturday, June 25, 2011

When you're least expecting it...

I had the craziest week ever. I passed my boards, accepted a job offer and then was made two more job offers....once of which I REALLY want. I mean, I wanted this job many months ago and never in my wildest dreams thought it would open up to me. I am going to remain anonymous at this time about where it is in the event it does not work out, however, yesterday I got a call from the Nurse Manager who asked me if I was still interested. My heart stopped. Interested?!?! Of course I am interested! Just one little thing....I verbally accepted a job already.... But... but... but I really want this job!!!!!  The manager and I chatted for about 20 minutes about the unit and where it is headed and why she wants me there. She wants to hire two new grads and I am one of them! WOW! I must have done something right! Oh, wait, that's right. I busted my ass during school and clinicals and worked really hard to get my name out there!!!! I deserve this! She said my resume screamed "leader!" Um, Hell yea I'm a leader! It was a very humbling phone call and I felt so honored. I have an interview with her on monday morning before I am supposed to go into _________ for my medication test and drug screen. I do not want to go through with all those things unless I know I am going to stick with _______. I think that's the least I can do, professionally. I already feel like I'm not acting in a professional manner....but, again, I can only look out for me and my interests....

I do not want ___________ to spend any more money on me if I ultimately choose to send them my regrets. I want to make sure that I know what I am going to do (which I have already made up my mind if the offer is made). OMG!?! Is this really happening? How come once I stop looking, doors start opening? Its all so bizarre. I do need to look out for me though. No one else is going to and this opportunity may be a once in a lifetime opportunity and I just cant turn it down. I have to watch out for my career path and although I hate to take back my word when I have given it, I have to do what makes me happiest. Money aside, this experience is what I have been wishing for. This is my foot into the door for the rest of my career. I have to do it. I have to put my interest first, even  if that means telling ___________ that I am sorry. I hate to burn bridges and I pray that the DON will understand. If she doesnt, I will still have to pray that she forgives me. Nursing is a small world and I dont want any bridges burnt. So.....I suppose I'll see what happens monday morning! OMG. I am so super excited. If i am offered this position, I will be so giddy!

So, Keep an eye out for news! May be good, may not be what I am expecting, but either way, I'm excited for the possibility :)

No comments:

Post a Comment