Thursday, June 30, 2011

life's tough lessons

I guess I never considered that using Facebook to share my good news with friends and family would turn out to be a bad idea. I had been sharing my great news on FB over the last week or so, not to rub it in my nurssing graduates faces or to make people feel bad, but to share it b/c 1. I am happy and 2. I have many, many more friends on FB that are kept in the loop about my life because I keep it updated. I suppose that I can't worry about pleasing everyone, however, last night showed me that perhaps I should keep my posts more....discreet? I had posted online that although I am very thankful for this job offer I recv'd and accepted, I ultimately had to turn it down to accept another job that has been my 1st choice all along. I dont believe what i said was distasteful, however, I got a message from a former nursing "buddy" who told me that I was rubbing it in others faces and that not everyone has a job. well, duh. I know that not everyone has found a job YET, but they will. We all will. I never meant to sound selfish, or ungrateful or even boasting my good luck. However, this one individual must have felt threatened by what I posted since she felt it necessary to write that comment. After 30 + messages back to me after posting that I was sorry, I realized that I can only worry about me. I can't control how others feel and even the most tasteful comment can be construed negatively to a negative person.  I have always gone out of my way to be friendly and to help others. I consider my self a down to earth and genuine person. Yes, there are people in this world I don't care for and there are people that don't care for me. That's normal. I do, however, pride myself on being able to get along with most people and it hurt me that someone would say something to me to not only knock me down, but make me feel guilty about sharing my good fortunes with my friends and family on FB....Most of which, were NOT in nursing school with me!


I realized this morning that I am not going to apologize for who I am or for my good fortunes. I busted my ass in school. I worked really hard throughout school to get my name out there and put my resumes in everyone's face. I knew that it was going to be cut throat and my best way of securing a job was to put myself out there. It paid off....thankfully. But, because I did that, I'm supposed to apologize? Well, I came to the conclusion that if anyone out there can't be happy with me or for me, then they aren't worth my time. They are just going to have to deal with it on their own. I can't control their emotions.

So, there it it folks. I love every one of you that has supported me or believed in me. I appreciate all the kind thoughts, prayers and encouraging words that I have leaned on throughout the last 2 years, and I will CONTINUE to share my good fortunes on FB. If you don't like it, un-friend me. I won't be upset. I will NOT put up with anyone who has something mean to say. I will un-friend you and if we cross paths again int he future, I will hope that you will have found happiness in your life and we can move forward.

1 comment:

  1. Very well put! I would much rather read about people's good news on facebook rather than depressing, "woe is me" status updates! It's like you said, you worked extremely hard in school and all of your hard work has paid off! Others will find jobs in their own time. So keep sharing the good news and celebrate your accomplishments!!!!

    ReplyDelete