Thursday, July 7, 2011

4th of July, Photography & Formal Offers...

Four of July was nice this year. I was not working! Eric and I spent the afternoon and evening at his parents place and then went out in search of a good fireworks location. Quantico was filled, so we ended up on the hill behind the hospital and watched them from a distance. It worked, but wasn't the best....Perhaps next year we can do something a little closer.

Eric and I bought my new camera on Tuesday!!! I got the Canon EOS Rebel T2i and I got an extra telephoto lens, as it was discounted if purchased as a bundle. I'm super excited to have my camera, and it's a little intimidating! There is sooooo much that goes into taking a nice photo. I am taking some online classes to help me focus on some techniques, but I am learning how difficult that can be! It'll be a fun hobby to have :) I'm totally excited. I joined some meetup groups in F'burg/Stafford and I have 3 meetups already planned to get out with other newbies and experienced members and get some experience myself! I am looking forward to it, although a bit timid. I know being timid is not going to help me learn though.

So, My dad gave me his old SLR from the 70's/80's and a crap tons of lens....too bad none will work and no one will pay a dime for them :( Its a cool camera and I don't intend on getting rid of it. My first attempt at "photography" with my SLR! (the lighting is too dark, but i am working on Manual exposure, and that takes practice, so for now, this is what I have!)




Different note.....I got my formal offer from HR on Tuesday afternoon! I accepted and start on July 25th....the next orientation is July 11th, but my background check had not cleared yet (due to a certain GCC professor that hasnt returned any calls)....So by the time all that is done and I get into health & wellness, which is all booked up anyways, I guess they figured to stick me on the 25th.  They quoted me my pay, but from what I've heard from other noobies, it should be higher since I have my license already....so, before I sign anything re: pay, I need to find that out! I am both excited and scared shitless to start.  Its such a great thing, but scary because people's lives are going to depend on me! I had a dream that I got in there and was a student all over again. YIKES! I hope I know more than a student, but I don't know! LOL.  I'm sure these are typical fears....

Well, for now, that is it. I'll update more often that I have been....if there is something interesting to update!

No comments:

Post a Comment