Thursday, May 19, 2011

To doubt thyself?

So here I am, a week out from graduation and just about through my Kaplan NCLEX course with no job prospect in sight and starting to doubt myself. Its so easy to remember why you make sacrifices when you see them pay off, but here I am, graduated Summa Cum Laude with a 3.9 GPA, busted my ass through these last 3 years, did really well in the Externship last summer, freakin graduated from VMI as a female and I can't find a flippin' job. I dont get it. I really dont. Is it something I am doing wrong? Is it something I am not doing? Is it me? Is it them? I dont know.....all I know is that all the sacrifices I made aren't proving to have been worth it. So many people in my Kaplan course have jobs already, or have been made offers. Its disappointing and discouraging. The availability pool is getting smaller and smaller and Im none closer to having a job. apparently MWHC has 4 RNA positions on their site, but they are for internal applicants only. Go figure. If you know who did not screw me over last summer, I would probably been kept on as an Extern this year and then i'd have an opportunity to be one of those. I cant live my life though thinking "what if." This isnt a "what if" situation. This is the real deal. How does one stay positive in this situation? How do you find the courage to keep smiling and thinking that something will come up? What if all the sacrifices I made werent worth it? I gave up 2 years of solid salary for school. I have nothing to lean back on right now. I have 2 degrees and no job. I have really tried to stay open  minded too about where I'd like to work and although my passion has been ER nursing, I am willing to do other things first. I just dont want to end up somewhere stuck doing something that I dont really enjoy. Thats why I left GEICO.

So why should someone hire me? well, I am self motivated, dedicated, compassionate and responsible. I have great work ethics and great interpersonal skills. How does one find this out about me? well, they would have to interview me. I CAN'T EVEN GET THAT!!!  Its frustrating and I'm venting, so I am going to go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment