Tuesday, July 12, 2011

ideas....ideas

So in my quest to find a bridesmaid dress that I like, I came across the idea of doing a convertible dress. I have seen them used on My Fair Wedding with David Tutera and in other photos. I like them and I think they are great for bridesmaids that are different sizes and figures. They travel easy (which is good for us!) and they are great "wear-again" looks.

I have found on www.dessy.com a convertible dress that I think could be a real contender. The photos listed are just the tip of the iceberg. You can do endless styles and make it work for the bridesmaid's body....

The short option: http://www.dessy.com/dresses/twist-short/
The long version: http://www.dessy.com/dresses/twist-long/

There is another website that is very similar to Dessy, called www.henkaa.com and they offer both a long and a short version. They are located in canada, but offer many different style tutorials on their site too.

The other great thing about these dresses is that you can add a convertible tube top to wear under the dress for extra support for larger busted women. So, while many of the models are stick thin, they can cater to larger women.... Motif C also has a line made just for plus size women!

I'm thinking of either a navy blue or a turquoise color for the dresses....I have always loved Navy blue and I think t e blue would compliment the colors of the beach without blending in. Plus, darker colors are more flattering.

There are so many neat styles out there....so, I'm going to run the option by Eric and see what he thinks (yes, he wants an opinion even on dresses) and then try to get my girls together and see about going to try them on!

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment