Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hair Flowers and Wedding Junk :)

I opened my mailbox yesterday and my hair flower was in it!!! I really wanted to have the flower before picking up my wedding dress so in the event that the ivories did not match, I would be able to purchase the flower at DB while picking up my dress. Of course, it came on the same day as I picked up my dress, so I was not able to compare ahead of time, and of course, the ivories DO NOT match, so I will have to suck it up and pay the ridiculous price of $49.00 for a FAKE flower at DB. I really did not want to have to buy the flower there for that price, but since it is a perfect match and I'm putting it on my dress, it's better to pay the high price and know it looks good versus spending a little less and having fabric not match. I guess since I got $50.00 off my dress, I can spend that $50.00 savings on the flower. 


If you look below, that is the DB flower. It's pretty, and the material is sort of like a thicker organza. It matches the dress perfectly....





The hair flower from Etsy is very pretty, but much more delicate that I had anticipated, so I plan to keep it in the shipping box until the big day. It's already fraying on the ends of some of the tulle, so I dont want to push the envelope! You can tell it's hand made, and its got a couple different fabrics making up the flower. Its a shame that the ivory doesn't match :(

I've got my wedding dress hanging in my closet....where it will hang for the next year and 4 months....seems kind of crazy that I purchased my dress with so much time to spare. I just loved it so much and did not want to miss out on it. Part of buying it was my obsessiveness with wanting something and having to have it right then and there. Part of it was the good deal and part of it was that I loved it so much more than any other dress I tried on. Yes, there may be many more dresses that I come across between now and then that I love too, but I dont plan to really look at bridal gowns anymore because I have mine already and I dont want to see a dress that I really like and then regret my purchase. I will feel beautiful on my wedding day in my wedding gown and that is all that really matters.

I'm super excited about the bridesmaid dress that I saw and I really pray it looks great on my girls. I hope by June to have the decision that we're going with Natural Bridge and then have the girls buy their dresses so that they have them before DB discontinues that dress style.

Eric tells me to stop buying things and that we have way too much time until our wedding, and I know thats true. But somethings dont last forever and you have to snatch them up when you see them! BTW, I am also obsessed with David Tutera's My Fair Wedding. What I wouldn't give to be on his show! oh my. He makes dreams come true. Really. I do believe though, that you need a really crazy, off the wall theme for him to come do-over your wedding. Ive seen thus far, Safari, Alice in Wonderland, Wizard of Oz and super bling-bling. I mean, how many women really choose those themes for their wedding?!? Maybe if I invent some crazy- a$$ theme, I'll get chosen for his show! haha.

Well, it's off to study a tad before babysitting. I babysit twice today, so hopefully that brings me closer to paying off that wedding dress!!! Thanks for reading my vent-session :)

No comments:

Post a Comment