Sunday, March 20, 2011

First night of precepting...

So, I survived my first night precepting on 5W. I've done nights before over the summer and I survived those, but I wasn't also in school, so this is new....The night started out kind of slow and not-so-exciting, but as morning reared it's pretty face, I got to do some meds and whatnot. I really am excited to continue because my preceptor has a lot of goals for me to accomplish to get me more ready to be on my own once I graduate, which is great. I really need these hands-on skills on a med/surg floor. I need to get more familiar with IV pumps and mixing medications. I feel very fortunate to have a preceptor experience as my mom said that when she was in school, she did not have that opportunity!

so, I got home at like 8am yesterday, slept till 5:45 pm and then went back to sleep for the night at 10pm and slept until 7am!! Im so amazed I could sleep so much! Now, I need to get back in to the swing of things and get working on school stuff. I have a super busy week ahead of me and not much time to study or do school stuff...and of course, I have a test the following week with all of like 2 days to study for it. I guess if I bomb it, im okay since I have gotten A's on all my other tests this semester....i mean, it would suck b/c if i keep on this path, I may get an A in my med/surg class and that would be AWESOME, but if i dont, I'll still cross the stage in 51 days, which is all I really care about!

My friend Sarah got married yesterday! Im super excited for her and her new husband, Josh. Can't wait for their ring-ceremony/ and reception in May!!

My friend Diana won Nursing Idol on Friday, which is kick ass for her. She is so smart and she blew us away with her knowledge. She totally deserved to win!! congrats Diana!!

I so pray that I get hired somewhere this summer. I am trying not to worry about it, but I really am concerned. Not many places are hiring and I dont have an "in" anywhere like some of my CNA friends....I just have to pray that I have done enough to impress someone somewhere....I guess we'll see what happens....

Alright, back to school work for the day. I am going to take a break and hit up Zumba this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment