Saturday, March 5, 2011

Spring Break!!

I am officially on Spring Break! My last ever spring break vacation! Call me crazy, but yesterday I cleaned my home for 4.5 hrs and it felt good! My house hadnt really been cleaned since Thanksgiving and my windows were nasty from all the construction!! I re-organized my closet too! It will feel good to come home from Florida to a CLEAN home!! It will also be nice b/c I wont have to time to really give it a good spring cleaning until the semester ends. I am scared for the 2nd half of March. I know it will fly by b/c I will be so busy, but I am nervous how I am going to get it all done without losing my mind. The end of March looks like this:
- 2 tests
- 4 preceptor nights
- 12 hr med/surg clinicals start
- lectures

YIKES!! For those of you who have never worked nights, let me tell you. It's no walk in the park. Trying to catch up on sleep and getting stuff done is difficult. Butttttt, i'll find a way to make it work and i'll survive. I always do!

I am looking forward to a week in Florida. I worked super hard to get my research paper due and to type up all my notes (so that i could study in Fl.). It wasn't easy, but its done and now I can relax a bit. I'm probably the first in my class to finish my paper, but I just tried to use all my free time the last few weeks to get it done and over with. I cant procrastinate b/c after spring break, there isnt going to be any time to do it. VMI taught me to think ahead and use my time wisely. It may not have taught that to everyone, but I deff. took that away from my experience. How else do you complete 21 credits in a semester without failing? (yes, I did that my last semester of school so that I could graduate EARLY....and believe it, it was worth it!).

So, I've thought a lot about doing my wedding colors in Navy blue....but then I think about how neat it would be to stick to purple and I think I'm going to keep with purple....but just have the girls in dark purple (Lapis). The pastels dont work well with their complexions, but I think purple is more spring-y than navy blue.....and we already found the perfect invitation to go with purple and I just like the idea.....I dunno...why does it have to be so hard for me to pick something and stick with it? UGH!!!!

So, Eric got me a BEAUTIFUL birthday gift. He said that since he did not do much for me for Xmas or Vday, that this is a big combo gift. It is a beautiful sapphire necklace from Jared that is flanked with diamonds. I love it. It's perfect for my personality. He got it so right. Go Eric!! Here is a pic:


I looked online and they have a matching ring....maybe in the future he'll get me that. I love necklaces and rings. I dont switch up my earings, and I dont wear bracelets. Anyways, I am super impressed with his taste and really grateful for such a great man. I can't wait to marry him and call him my husband!!

On that note, I am going to go and finish packing. Happy Spring!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment