Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It's just another day...

Here I am, another rainy morning preparing to go to the hospital for another 12 hour unpaid shift....Less than 1 month until I graduate and never have to work for free again! (Unless I decide to go on for my NP, in which case I'll have another 500+ hrs of unpaid clinical time!). Its just about 1/2 through the month of April and time is just flying. I more lecture and [grumble] 4 more tests until the end! At least only 2 of those tests count towards our grade. Our final is over 25% of our grade! I better know my shit or else! I did a practice exam the other day and did not do so hot. I need to brush up on lab values and weird-ass medical conditions. LOL. I REALLY need to brush up on maternity information. I feel like I dont know anything anymore about maternity or infant stuff. It is all starting to feel very overwhelming.

I got my notice from the Va State Board of Nursing that they have everything except my final trascript to be able to sit for the NCLEX. Gosh, I never thought that this time would come and now that it is right around the corner, I'm scared to death. What if I dont pass? What if I dont get a job? I have to keep reminding myself that I will get a job eventaully and that I am smart enough to pass the boards. I did not earn a 3.9 GPA for nothing. I have the information somewhere in my brain. I just need to pull it out. I need to bring it forward. Besides, Kaplan has an excellent passing rate and I paid a whopping $500.00 for the course, so I should be able to pass witht he help of Kaplan! I need to not psych myself out and then I'll be fine. Where's that Xanax? LOL.

My future mother in law is int he hospital after having surgery. The whole family was there last night to see her. It was nice to see everyone. I hope that she gets DC'd today and can rest in her own home. I know that the hospital is not a good place for sleeping!!!

Well, thats all I have for today... Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment